UPGRADE to WordPress 4.9.1
This update is a Security and Maintenance release, fixing 11 bugs and 4 security holes, so go get it now. If you want to read what the specific changes are, read the changlog: https://make.wordpress.org/core/2017/11/28/wordpress-4-9-1-scheduled-for-november-29th/ basically, this is the list:
- #42573: File caching affecting users’ ability to use the plugin and theme file editors.
- #42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use.
- #42579: Incorrect logic in
- #42454: Unable to translate Codex URL in theme editor.
- #42609: Theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows server.
flatten_dirlist()doesn’t play nice with folders with numeric names.
DB_HOSTsocket paths with colons not parsed correctly.
- #42641: On multisite upgrade the
wp_blog_versionstable doesn’t get updated
- #42673: Themes page throws console error when there is only one installed theme.
In addition, one fix for a bug introduced in WordPress 4.7 will be included in 4.9.1:
langattribute in the admin area doesn’t reflect a user’s language setting.